10 Social Selling Time Management Tips
One of the most important keys to sales success is social selling time management. It is easy to go down the rabbit hole of looking at your feed and engaging with the posts you like. Managing your time properly will help you become more efficient in practicing different social selling techniques, instead of focusing on just one.
Enhance Your Time Management Skills
Here are 65 tips to sharpen your time management skills which covers just about everything there is to cover. Needless to say, 65 tips can be a little overwhelming so I picked the top ten social selling time management tips.
Bernie Borges likens learning social business skills to a devoted workout routine. Working out requires dedication, discipline and best practices, and so does social selling. When you first start working out and you use muscles that hadn’t previously been worked before, it’s only natural that they are going to be sore for a while. However, if you put in the time and energy to “working the new muscles” the pain will subside. Then, you can start to focus on increasing your muscle strength and abilities.
If you are dedicated, manage your time wisely and give yourself the chance to build your social selling muscles, in due time social selling will help you become a better salesperson.
I went through the 65 tips and narrowed it down to the 10 most important social selling time management tips for social selling success.
- Focus on your goals. If you tend to get distracted from your sales goals, start by focusing on the first step that social can help you achieve, and what it will take to make it happen.
- Difficult tasks require more discipline. If you find engaging in social media difficult, do it first thing each day, and you will develop your new muscle with greater consistency.
- Procrastination is the top enemy of achievement, standing in the way of countless worthwhile goals. Get serious about using social to help you achieve your sales goals.
- Overcome fear. Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. Don’t let the bad things you hear happen on social media distract you from using social media to help achieve your sales goals.
- Choose your battles. You win some, you lose some. You are not going to reach every prospect, especially the big ones. Be selective and go after big fish while you’re catching lots of smaller fish.
- Initiate a routine. Routines increase productivity by making it easier to identify shortcuts and efficiencies. Listen and learn how to make social media a habit in your sales activities.
- Think positively. Where your attention goes, so goes your emotional energy. Don’t think about what might go wrong; think about what can go right.
- Take small steps. All big things start by taking small steps. Don’t start out trying to write a 1000 word blog post. Start out with simple social selling activities. Take one step at a time.
- Get into a flow. When you get into a flow state, things get done in less time and the work goes easier. Same as number 6. It’s important enough to be mentioned twice.
- Stop obsessing over perfection. Learn not to sweat the small stuff. Everyone makes mistakes every day. Do your best to review what you say before you hit enter but don’t sweat the perfect grammar or perfect image.
Why are we talking about social selling? Because social selling time management is an essential part of being a Modern Marketer.
Perform Social Selling Activities Daily
Regardless of your skill level, social selling can quickly become a big part of your daily activities. By focusing on the most efficient activities and managing your time effectively, social selling will become an enhancement to your every daily sales process and a major factor in your success journey.
Learn more about the impact of social selling through The State of Digital Selling with LinkedIn Report today!