Digital sales transformation requires buy-in from not only the leadership team but the people on the front line – your salespeople. Do you know how to get them involved and create lasting results?
At the Sales Enablement Soiree in September of 2018, Vengreso CEO Mario Martinez Jr. outlined the ten steps to launching a digital sales program that creates measurable results. We’re sharing the complete video recording of his speaking session with you below.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqlFlKzMnMQ “][/vc_column][/vc_row]
If you’d rather read, here’s a short recap. For a complete look at the workings of Vengreso’s digital sales program, I recommend watching the full video.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Here are 10 Steps to Launching a Digital Sales Program that creates measurable results by #DigitalSelling evangelist and Vengreso CEO, @M_3Jr. As seen on @Highspot’s Sales Enablement Soiree during #DF18. #SocialSelling #Sales” quote=”Here are 10 Steps to Launching a Digital Sales Program that creates measurable results by #DigitalSelling evangelist and Vengreso CEO, @M_3Jr. As seen on @Highspot’s Sales Enablement Soiree during #DF18. #SocialSelling #Sales”]
The 10 Steps for Your Digital Sales Transformation
Follow these ten steps to get the return you want from investing in modernizing your company’s sales process.
- Goals and Metrics – Clearly defining your goals and the metrics you’ll use gives a sense of purpose for the change. Don’t restrict yourself to KPIs related to revenue, though. Digital (or social) selling goals should be more about creating conversations with potential clients.
- Buyer Mapping – Identify buyer types by vertical, and map out which sales role will engage with them.
- Content for Sales – Create a content strategy that maps to the different stages of the buyer’s journey. Your content should answer questions the buyer may have about how-to, what-to, and when-to.
- Tools – Enable your team with the right tools. Vengreso recommends LinkedIn Sales Navigator. Here are a few others to round out your sales stack:
- Employee advocacy tool – Try EveryoneSocial or GaggleAMP.
- Video sales acceleration tool – Try OneMob.
- Integrated online calendar – One that integrates with your Gmail or Outlook email.
- Auto text expander tool – To create shortcuts that make sending communications easier.
- Custom Playbooks – Make it simple for your salespeople to embrace digital sales with playbooks that streamline your processes. You should include playbooks for LinkedIn Profile Makeovers, messaging, search strings, scripts, templates, etc. Anything that will make it easier for your reps to adopt digital sales.
- Buyer-Centric LinkedIn Profiles – Convert salespeople’s LinkedIn profiles into a resource for buyers.
- Digital Sales Training – Customize training by the type of sales representative. Use a combination of on-demand training, instructor-led training, and live coaching.
- Gamification – Encourage your sales team to embrace the sales transformation with gamification and recognition of top performers.
- Analysis and Adaptation – Review your metrics from step one and adapt as needed.
- Continued Coaching – Coach your salespeople on an ongoing basis to identify areas where they need to improve and where they’re doing well.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Follow these ten steps to get the return you want from investing in modernizing your company’s #sales process. @M_3Jr #DigitalSelling #SocialSelling #SalesLeadership” quote=”Follow these ten steps to get the return you want from investing in modernizing your company’s #sales process. @M_3Jr #DigitalSelling #SocialSelling #SalesLeadership”]
Learn more about our proven process to create behavioral change and measurable outcomes that prove return on investment in this deep dive on our 10 Steps to Launching a Digital Sales Program. It’s an ungated resource, so click to learn more!