Leaders help themselves and others to do the right things. They set direction, build an inspiring vision, and create something new. Leadership is about mapping out where you need to go to “win” as a team or an organization; and it is dynamic, exciting, and inspiring.
Yet while leaders set the direction, they must also use management skills to guide their people to the right destination, in a smooth and efficient way. Here are 20 leadership principles to think about whether you are a new leader or have been in leadership for 30 years:
- Leadership is Influence.
- When it comes to identifying a real leader…The proof of leadership is found in the followers. – John Maxwell
- People follow Strength, not Weakness.
- You have to be Positive all the time.
- Don’t Blame. Don’t Make Excuses.
- It’s Your Business. Your Attitude determines your Income.
- You’re a Leader, Lead by Example.
- Take Pride in being a Problem Solver.
- Always call your Management Team having thought of a possible solution. — “Here is my problem and here is my solution.”
- Are your followers excited to take your calls, or do they dread taking your calls?
- Do you call to complain or do you call for Coaching?
- You can’t afford to show up without Excitement and Passion about YOUR business!
- CREATE A WINNING ENVIRONMENT.
- Excuses don’t make you money.
- Encourage, Inspire, and Build people up.
- Always Show Class, Tact, Respect, and
- No one owes you anything.
- Remember your Appearance.
- Create a Movement.
#20 is one of my favorite principles of Leadership. It’s best taught watching the attached video. This is a must watch which showcases how to create a movement as a Leader.
Other Articles That May Be of Interest:
10 thoughts on “15 LinkedIn Profile Optimization Tips to Get Found This 2023”
My LinkedIn account was ranking on the first page for best mommys blog keyword quite a few years back and I didn’t have any idea. While working, I stumbled upon the Analytic section of LinkedIn and saw that most of the visitors are coming from search engine later on I realized that in my profile I’ve used “Mommy’s blog” word a lot of time and that is the reason why it was ranking well on SERP. This is how I came to know about SEO and I was also amazed by the fact that how easy it was to rank for competitive keywords back then. Anyways loved your article and please share more tips on SEO.
Thanks for sharing. The number of times you mention a word or phrase is still a factor for sure.
We love hearing tips as well as questions our reader, so keep them coming!
Should I change keywords overtime based on what’s popular on the internet?
There is a lot of value in this article, especially for those looking to improve their visibility on LinkedIn. My favorite of the fifteen tips shared in this article is number nine. I’ve observed that people with custom profile links, seem to get more attention than those who haven’t customized their LinkedIn profile URL. Interesting article, thank you for taking the time to put it together.
Customizing LinkedIn URLs create more visibility for sure! Thank you, Bret.
I agree with the recommendations, they are a very important part of our strategy on LinkedIn, it can give confidence to potential customers (or leaders when someone is looking for a job).
People shouldn’t underestimate keywords on their LinkedIn profile! This helped potential buyers to find me on LinkedIn more easily when they searched for certain products and/or services. Thanks Viveka!
Thank you for another great blog post. For the alt text and/or naming images, do you mean two to three different keyword phrases as a maximum, like this?
B2B cybersecurity content marketing writer , technical writing cybersecurity content , cybersecurity technical writer , David Geer
Or can you add more keyword phrases than this?
Hey David – I honestly don’t know the efficacy of adding more keywords than that. I would stick with what you have above.
All the information is very helpful which can help us to increase our Profile ranking on LinkedIn. Another big interesting article, this blog is very useful for the Optimization of my LinkedIn profile.
I also get much knowledge from this blog.
thank you keep sharing.