6 Tactics Competent Search Engine Optimization Consultants Don’t Do
Search Engine Optimization Services Receive Much Scrutiny
Lately, much has been written about this topic. Search engine optimization, aka, SEO has been around for more than ten years. Those of us who provide ethical and professional search engine optimization services have to disassociate ourselves from snake oil sales tactics.
What Competent Search Engine Optimization Services Consultants Don’t Do
- We don’t send out spam emails promising to give you #1 rankings in Google.
- We don’t make guarantees.
- We don’t focus on search engine rankings.
- We don’t manufacture links from link farms.
- We don’t treat clients as a “project.”
- We don’t hide behind email-based account management.
What Competent Search Engine Optimization Services Consultants Do
- We focus on client’s business objectives.
- We take the time to understand a client’s business.
- We study client’s target customer’s attributes.
- We conduct extensive keyword research.
- We conduct competitive research.
- We create keyword strategies based on buyer personas.
- We analyze a client’s website to determine if technical hurdles exist.
- We create a search engine optimization plan to be carried out over months.
- We create landing pages with calls-to-actions.
- We strategize with clients to test different calls-to-actions.
- We focus heavily on website traffic conversion strategies.
- We promise to communicate extensively every step of the way.
- We communicate everything to a client, holding back no “secrets.”
- We hold live meetings or calls with clients to discuss results and action plans.
- We follow proven, industry standard SEO best practices.
- We partner with our clients to execute SEO strategies.
- We attend ongoing educational webinars and conferences to stay current on SEO trends.
- We view SEO as a perpetual marathon, staying in shape and running the race everyday.
- We measure many metrics, but focus on achieving our client’s business goals.
There are many competent search engine optimization consultants. At Find and Convert we take great pride in the integrity of our eight year old SEO services. We also have tremendous respect for other SEO agencies that follow best practices. We view competent SEO competitors as partners for the good of our industry.
Businesses that need to contract the services of a competent SEO consultancy have many choices. Decision makers are well served to understand these best practices when interviewing SEO services companies in order to make an informed selection.
Download a chapter excerpt on Search Engine Optimization best practices from my book, Marketing 2.0.