How 2 Achieve #Sales Excellence By Focusing On Basics w Lee Bartlett @No1BestSeller #SellingWithSocial Click To Tweet
My guest today is Lee Bartlett, a lifelong sales professional, consultant, and now the author of the highly acclaimed book, “The No. 1 Best Seller.” Lee’s book is a unique beacon of light within the existing sales literature because it’s written by a guy who has built a personal career of sales excellence step by step from the ground up. Lee’s growth has enabled him to build multi-national sales teams, become the co-founder and CEO of a tech start-up and to sell extensively across Europe, the U.S., and Asia. On this episode, Lee shares his personal story, his proven sales methodology, and the mindset, strategies, and processes that have made him a top salesperson worldwide.
Sales excellence doesn’t happen by accident, in outbound, inbound, or social selling.
When I asked Lee what inspired him to write his book he told me a funny story. It started on a flight. He had been dealing with some issues his sales team was experiencing and was jotting down a bullet point outline to brainstorm the solutions. As he wrote out his thoughts he realized that he had the content of a book outlining his personal steps to sales achievement and excellence. That was the beginning of the book. His main desire is to demonstrate how sales excellence is not something that happens through lucky breaks or great opportunities. It’s something you make for yourself through adhering to the basics, learning how to create a winning sales strategy, and putting foundational things into practice consistently. Lee shares great insights for sales leaders, marketers, and social sales pros alike, so be sure you take the time to listen.
You can be brilliant at sales skill sets, but it’s pointless without a sales strategy.
The fundamental skill sets that sales gurus teach are important and necessary for every salesperson. But they are pointless if you’re applying them apart from a clear sales strategy. On this episode, Lee shares how he goes about devising his sales strategy, why it’s so vital that every salesperson does so, and what it looks like to adhere to your strategy in every interaction with leads, potential clients, and existing accounts. You will get insights from one of the top salespeople on the planet in this episode, so don’t miss it!#Sales skills w/out #SalesStrategy R pointless @No1BestSeller #SellingWithSocial #BizSales #SalesTips Click To Tweet
You need to research your next sales job as diligently as you would your next prospect.
A fascinating section of Lee’s new book, “The No. 1 Best Seller” is the one where he outlines the approach he’s taken numerous times throughout his career to find the right company to work for. He’s hesitant to say that his approach what everyone should do, but he clearly believes that ensuring that you know everything about the company and its products or services BEFORE you even apply is vital. In Lee’s mind, choosing the company you will devote your time to is one of the most important investments you will ever make, so you should take it seriously. Find out how Lee approaches the job hunt, on this episode of #SellingWithSocial.
If you can’t apply sales basics you won’t excel as a sales leader.
There are foundational sales skills that every salesperson needs to know. But there are others things that Lee calls “sales basics” that tie together those skills and make a salesperson truly effective. On this episode of #SellingWithSocial, Lee shares the sales basics he has discovered that have made the biggest difference in his career. They’ve taken him to the top as a winning salesperson across the globe. He not only tells you what these sales basics are but also how you can implement them into your own sales strategy to get better results.If U can't apply these #sales basics U won’t excel as a #SalesLeader @No1BestSeller #SellingWithSocial Click To Tweet
Outline of This Episode
- [1:18] My introduction of Lee Bartlett, best selling author and sales leader.
- [4:35] The things that motivated Lee to write his book.
- [10:08] Why Lee believes his book is different than the rest of the sales books out there.
- [12:03] 3 primary points for sales professionals that Lee emphasizes in his book.
- [14:18] An example of a sales strategy that really wasn’t.
- [22:03] 3 things the sales community should STOP doing right now.
- [26:35] What Lee has always looked for when searching for a new position.
- [31:53] Why the basics are what will set you apart – and knowing what they are.
- [38:22] Does social selling work?
- [40:28] How has the buyer’s journey changed and how does it continue to change?
- [43:53] The best way to connect with Lee.
- Website: leebartlettbestseller.com
- To get Lee’s book, “The Number One Best Seller”
- Connect with Lee on Twitter
- Connect with Lee on LinkedIn
- 11 Writing Habits That Will Boost Your Productivity
- 20 Best Productivity Apps for Making Your Day More Efficient