“By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter.”
I recently shared a LinkedIn self-assessment with my mail list. It is a simple 10-question web survey that can be completed in less than 3 minutes. It was the most popular email I’ve ever sent in terms of click through response. I don’t know whether it was because LinkedIn is so popular or whether people are curious to know where they rank on a scale of 0-100. Here are the questions:
- How would your categorize your LinkedIn photo?
- How many Connections do you have?
- How many Connections have you added in the last 60 days?
- How many Recommendations have you GIVEN?
- How many Recommendations have you RECEIVED?
- How many Groups do you belong to?
- How many Profile Applications (e.g. Events, Polls, Box.net) are you displaying?
- How often do you post an Update, Discussion or similar to LinkedIn?
- How many individuals or companies are you following on LinkedIn?
- How often do you review the “Who’s Viewed My Profile” section?
Scores resulted in the following classifications with suggested next steps.
There were some surprising results.