On this episode, you’ll meet Michael Brenner. Michael is widely recognized in modern marketing circles as a thought leader. He is the Head of Strategy for NewsCred, a leading content marketing platform that pairs cutting-edge software with world-class content, to provide an end-to-end solution for content planning, creation, publishing and analytics for brands..
Michael is recognized as a Forbes Top 40 Social Media Marketer, an accomplished marketing speaker, author of the B2B Marketing Insider blog, and a frequent contributor on leading publications like Forbes, The Economist, and The Guardian. Michael is an experienced marketing executive, most recently serving as Vice President of Global Marketing and Content Strategy for SAP where he developed an award-winning thought leadership blog for SAP called Business Innovation. Michael is also a co-founder of social news site Business 2 Community.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- The business case for social business.
- The imperative of being a social business.
- The impact of digital engagement’s instant feedback on business.
- Why the skills needed in a social business are a radical change to facilitate conversations and engagement.
- How social affects the entire DNA of a business.
- How to respond to questions from traditional thinkers in a business.
- How each employee has enough connections to influence business outcomes.
- That social business is nothing more than operating the way we live today.
- Why marketing has a marketing problem.
- Why HR is the new marketing department.
- Why the corporate website is dead!
- Why corporate website traffic is declining.
- The imperative to reach your buyer before they reach your website.
- Why 50% of a corporate website’s content should not be “about us.”
- Why a social business should focus on data and content, not the social pipes.
- “One Thing” : Culture must shift from “about us” to “about the customer.”
Featured On This Episode:
- NewsCred website
- NewsCred on Twitter: @NewsCred
- NewsCred’s LinkedIn Company Page
- NewsCred on Facebook
- B2B Marketing Insider
- Michael Brenner on Twitter
- Michael Brenner on LinkedIn
- Michael Brenner on Facebook
- Michael Brenner on Google+
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Vengreso’s YouTube Channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
- Learn more about Social Selling
This episode was sponsored by Social Media Strategies Summit.