Andrea Kuchinski’s background is graphic design; however, it was her passion to change the public perception of fitness for the everyday woman that inspired her to launch her apparel fitness company, From Thick to Thin. Andrea was recently featured in Social Business Journal Volume 7 for her niche approach to content marketing.
Andrea found her voice among a niche audience of women who shared her passion for inclusivity in fitness, regardless of height, weight, speed or athletic ability. On this episode, Andrea shares her journey on this niche entrepreneurial adventure and the role of content and social media in building her business.
On this episode you’ll discover:
- How Andrea started blogging about weight loss to get in better shape and hold herself accountable.
- How Andrea gained a following of individuals who share her passion and want a better world for their daughters.
- How when Andrea was shopping for fitness apparel she had trouble finding her size and how she says people feel shamed for being a certain size.
- How Andrea took advantage of the market gap for anything above an extra large in fitness apparel and purchased a line of clothing that started with a 2XL while seeking out larger sizes.
- How Andrea’s transparency led to a virtual high five on her desire to make a difference and make the fitness apparel industry more inclusive.
- How a Kickstarter campaign helped From Thick to Thin get sizes from extra small to 5XL.
- Why Andrea decided to add inspirational sayings to the shirts to make a statement rather than market the brand.
- Why From Thick to Thin transparently communicates on social media on a personal level with content that is very “real” and “raw,” and how they originally focused on building their Facebook community.
“It’s the content that people want, they want to see the face behind the brand and feel the transparency.” @akuchinski
- How Andrea has felt overwhelmed with her content strategy, but how she has learned a lot about digital technology and social media.
- How From Thick to Thin’s content has a consistent voice and is meant to build relationships.
- How they are creating serial content and their strategy behind content production.
- Why Andrea focuses on Facebook because they have the biggest following there, but why she says it’s no longer easy to reach their audience organically.
- How Andrea is using Facebook Groups, Instagram, and Twitter, and her interest in Facebook Live.
- What to expect from Andrea and From Thick to Thin in 2016 around serial content and her plans to disrupt her industry for the greater good.
- Why Andrea’s “one thing” is for individuals to take the leap and follow their passion.
Featured On This Episode:
- Andrea Kuchinski on Twitter and LinkedIn
- From Thick to Thin‘s website
- From Thick to Thin on Facebook
- Download Social Business Journal, Volume 7: Winning Through Niche Content Marketing
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Vengreso YouTube Channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast with Andrea Kuchinski of From Thick to Thin.
P.S. Don’t miss next week’s podcast episode with Ken Schneider from U-Haul discussing their evolution as a 70 year old brand to using social media.Subscribe to our podcast to stay current on new episodes delivered to your inbox every Friday!