Develop A Professional LinkedIn Profile That Boosts Your Brand
Are you just getting started on LinkedIn? Did you neglect your LinkedIn profile for a while and recently realize you should probably have a presence there beyond your name and current position? Then this article and the video below are for you! Use them as your guide to get started creating your professional LinkedIn profile and then begin using it to generate business through social selling now!
How to Create a Professional LinkedIn Profile
Viveka von Rosen, The LinkedIn Expert and CVO at Vengreso says, “LinkedIn is one of the most powerful tools that we can use for personal branding, lead generation, content marketing, creating engagement and that top-of-mind awareness. It all comes back to building the know, like and trust factor.”
These are the three steps you’ll need to take (in this order!) when getting started on LinkedIn to build deeper relationships with your prospects.
- Create your profile.
- Connect with others.
- Share content with your network.
Let’s dig a little deeper into step one, creating your profile.
Viveka walks you through the whole process in this video. She covers everything from signing up to finding new connections, to the right types of content to share with your network. The “ninja tricks” she shares along the way are incredibly valuable to anyone using the platform to create their professional LinkedIn profile. Even advanced users will gain value from watching this LinkedIn training clip.
Viveka’s Ninja Tricks for Mastering LinkedIn
Building a relationship, i.e., getting people to know, like and trust you, starts with visibility. They need to see your content to even have a chance of finding out more about you and your business. Let’s jump in!
- Generate more visibility for yourself by recruiting a circle of friends to share each other’s content.
- Develop an employee advocacy program at your brand that encourages employees to interact with and share branded content.
- Engage on your engagement. Message people, invite people to connect, or publicly respond to people who comment on your LinkedIn posts.
- Spend 90 minutes a day on LinkedIn to build interest in you. Vengreso suggests 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes during the day and 30 minutes in the evening. Some of the actions you can take are to:
- Share an article a day, either OPC (other people’s content) or owned.
- Leave a comment.
- Quote your favorite author.
- If #4 is too much of a commitment for you, at least check your messages and engage with at least one of your connection’s posts once a day.
- Create a strategy around LinkedIn Hashtag Communities.
Viveka’s “ninja tricks” all revolve around getting your posts in front of more people. What can you do right now to gain more exposure on LinkedIn?
Request a free Digital Selling Benchmark Assessment and find out how to improve your team’s digital selling skills!