Tim Hughes is recognized around the globe as a social selling pioneer and innovator. A repeat guest on the Social Business Engine podcast, Tim is a best-selling author, a speaker, and co-founder of Digital Leadership Associates. He and co-founder Adam Gray provide training and coaching on social selling at Digital Leadership Associates.
On this episode, we discuss highlights from Tim’s new and best-selling book: Social Selling – Techniques to Influence Buyers and Changemakers. Tim reveals how salespeople can own their territories online, and the types of content they can create to be a part of their buyer’s research.
On this episode you’ll discover:
- Tim has been in sales for 27 years with experience in enterprise B2B sales; his biggest deal was over $50,000,000!
- Seven years ago Tim got involved in social media and then started to focus on social selling.
- Tim’s new book, co-written with Matt Reynolds, is a playbook on how to use social media in sales.
- Tim is a big believer in the book, The Challenger Sale…He’s always been good at building relationships online.
- Buyers are conducting research online and don’t want to talk with a salesperson. They only need 20% of the information from the salesperson, providing the salesperson with less opportunity to influence the sale.
- The buyer’s research starts with Google and asking around their networks. Salespeople need to be in those networks to influence the buyer’s research.
- Social selling is a strategy – aka a change in behavior. Adopting a social selling strategy doesn’t mean you stop using the phone.
“Social selling is a strategy and a change in behavior.” @timothy_hughes #sbeshowTweet This
- Tim recommends organizational change since social is a transformational project across sales, marketing, and HR.
- Start with a pilot and consider employing a bottom-up approach if your boss doesn’t understand social.
- For the first few years, Tim suggests having a social community manager to enable salespeople to build their influence.
- Tim recognizes the criticism of the viability of social selling and focuses on leads and pipeline when measuring for success.
- Tim boldly projects an increase of 20% to 25% in revenue for companies that implement social selling with guidance from Digital Leadership Associates.
- Tim and his team at Digital Leadership Associates have an ROI tool to show what a social selling strategy can do for a company before getting started.
- Your LinkedIn profile must be an inbound asset and your competitive advantage.
Featured On This Episode:
- Tim Hughes on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Tim’s best-selling book: Social Selling – Techniques to Influence Buyers and Changemakers
- Join our Social Business Engine community
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Vengreso YouTube Channel | YouTube channel
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast with Timothy Hughes
You can click the Listen Now button at the top of this page… Or, you can listen from your mobile device’s podcast player through iTunes or Stitcher.
Find out more about our social selling program.
P.S. Our next podcast guest is a surprise. Subscribe to our podcast to stay current on new episodes delivered to your inbox every Friday!
1 thought on “Dominate Your Sales Territory Online with Social Selling”
Pingback: Sales in the Age of Social Media is Still All About Relationships - Seo Land
Comments are closed.