How Content Curation Makes it Possible for the Modern Marketer to Thrive
Marketers are responsible for creating revenue-producing content every day. In fact, the role of modern marketing has transformed to the point where it is as much about publishing as it is marketing. The level of content production required can make content marketing an overwhelming proposition when handled solely internally. It’s easy to miss out on a lot of opportunities if all of your content creation is done in-house. Michael Gerard, Chief Marketing Officer at Curata, suggests looking out to your ecosystem and curating content from experts in your network to help you discover the other types of material your audience is interested in, boost your SEO, save time, save money and generally thrive as a modern marketer.
In this podcast Michael and I discuss Curata’s Content Marketing Pyramid and how curated content ties in. The Content Marketing Pyramid is made up of three core levels that are then broken down into a framework of five sections. Tune in to this episode to discover how Curata breaks down the daunting task of content marketing and separates it into manageable steps that you can follow in your business, too.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- What content curation is and why it’s necessary in content marketing.
- Who the new Buyer 2.0 is, and how to reach him or her with content marketing.
- How curation is a way for marketers to discover and source material to use in their own content marketing mix to reach buyers at different stages in the buying journey.
- How to put content curation to work for your brand and a step-by-step look at how to curate effectively.
- Why Michael says curation is not a replacement for creating content, rather a way to complement your own content.
Curation is not a replacement for creating
content,but a way to complement it.
- How content curation can provide additional viewpoints and initiate engagement from your audience.
- Why everybody wins when you curate valuable content.
- How curating content is a way to share additional expertise with your audience.
- How using curated content helps you to understand what content your audience wants to see.
- How being strategic and intentional with curation efforts leads to content curation success.
- How you can boost your SEO with content curation.
- Some of the challenges marketers face when creating content.
- How Curata’s Content Marketing Pyramid can help to build a strategy for content marketing.
- How the three levels of Curata’s Content Marketing Pyramid guide a brand from content generation to promotion with an audience.
- How the five levels of the Content Marketing Pyramid allow you to atomize your “big rock” content.
- How Curata begins a new piece of “big rock” content each quarter, and often has multiple Pyramids going on at the same time.
- How curated content ties into the Content Marketing Pyramid.
- How to use operations versus performance metrics to analyze the impact of content marketing on the sales pipeline.
- The differences when measuring the impact of content marketing on sales for a B2B versus a B2C brand.
- How Verne Global has established themselves in their industry and built trust by creating and curating content on their micro-site, Green Data Center News.
- Why Michael’s “one thing” is to have more companies embrace content marketing to support the entire buyer’s journey.
Featured On This Episode:
- Michael Gerard on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Curata’s eBook The Ultimate Guide to Content Curation
- Curata’s post: The Content Marketing Pyramid: How to Generate More with Less
- Bernie’s post on the Curata blog: A Content Marketer’s Guide to Podcasting
- Sign up to receive Social Business Journal, Vol. 5: The Community Playbook
- Subscribe to the Social Business Engine show
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Social Business Engine video channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
- Learn more about Content Marketing
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast with Michael Gerard from Curata.
Subscribe to our podcast to stay current on new episodes delivered to your inbox every Friday!
P.S. Don’t miss next week’s podcast episode with Jim Fields, Vice President of Customer Experience at SAP!