Are You Leveraging Other People’s Content to Engage with Prospects?
How to engage prospects with a targeted author’s content and those who respond to it.
Start using #LinkedInPulse to engage your prospects! Check out @brynetillman's guide. #socialsellingClick To Tweet
We are inundated with content every single day – relevant insights can often be needles in a haystack. But the only thing you need to find that needle is a magnet, and that’s what LinkedIn Pulse can do. A simple search can lead you to a targeted magnet and all that it has attracted. Once you’re able to pinpoint content that’s engaging your targeted audience, your work is almost done! Why? Because someone else held up the magnet and you get to see all the needles it attracted, all in one place.
- First, go to LinkedIn Pulse and find content. Type the topic you want to search on in the Search box, trying to make it as relevant to your business as possible. You can use a search string to help you pinpoint content accurately.
- Click the Content tab.
- Choose the Relevance or Latest filter.
- You can see how many views, likes and comments that author received for that particular post, and decide if this content is attracting the people you wish to meet.
- Next, read it! Do not engage with people that are liking and commenting on an article until you have a clear understanding of the post’s POV (Point of View).
- Like and reply to any comments of people you want to engage.
- Ask to connect with those that respond, with a note saying something like:
NAME, I really enjoyed the article XXX and liked your comment. If you’re open, let’s connect. I have some additional insights I think you’ll find valuable.
- When the person accepts your connection request, send a brief note along the following lines:
NAME – great to be connected. Based on your engagement on Content Marketing, I wanted to share this Blog Post that you may also find valuable: Content Marketing Strategy in Action.
If you’re open to it, I’d love to share some additional insights on ABC. Can we set up a brief call? To make scheduling a call easier, here is a link to my calendar http://ScheduleaCallwithBrynne.com so you can pick a time that works best for you.
If you take the time to do this simple task, you will engage prospects and build a network of the right people—people who typically “like,” comment and share. As a result, your content will get more engagement as well.