LinkedIn Hack: How to Add Video to Your LinkedIn Profile

VengresoLinkedIn LinkedIn Hack: How to Add Video to Your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn Hack: How to Add Video to Your LinkedIn Profile

LinkedIn Hack: How to Add Video to Your LinkedIn Profile

Cisco reports that 76% of executives watch business videos, so it’s no wonder you’re interested in adding video to your LinkedIn Profile. If you’ve explored the Media section of your profile, you may have figured out that .mp4 and .movs are not supported. Viveka von Rosen, aka THE LinkedIn Expert, is here to save the day! She shares a valuable LinkedIn hack in the three-minute video below.

Maybe you don’t have a Vimeo or YouTube account, or just don’t want to load the video there. Viveka’s expert LinkedIn advice will enable you to upload video into your LinkedIn Profile. Keep reading or watch the video above to learn how.

Cisco reports that 76% of executives watch business videos. Find out from @LinkedInExpert how you can add a video to your LinkedIn Profile without having to upload it on Youtube or Vimeo first. #SellingwithVideo #DigitalSellingClick To Tweet

LinkedIn Hack for Video + Your Profile

Incorporating video doesn’t have to be difficult. If your sales strategies include video, issues with loading longer clips to your LinkedIn Profile are no longer a worry!

Say you have a video and you want to include it in your Profile’s Summary or Experience section. Here’s Viveka’s solution:

  1. Upload it as a Native Video
  2. Grab the link from the Native Video
  3. Open your profile and add the Native Video as a link
  4. Customize your title and description
  5. Click on Apply

When viewers click “View” on the Native Video inside of your Profile’s Media section, it will send them over to the post of the video where they can like, comment, or share it. Viveka says, “Having the video on your timeline and your profile serves two slightly different functions. One’s branding, the other is encouraging engagement.”

Want to include video in your LinkedIn Profile's Summary or Experience section? Here's @LinkedInExpert's solution. #DigitalSales #PersonalBranding #LinkedInTipsClick To Tweet

What Types of Videos You Should Add to Your LinkedIn Profile

Are you ready to add video to your profile, but not quite sure what to share? Here’s a list of ideas you can start with to make your Profile more engaging with video:

Incorporating video into your LinkedIn Profile is a powerful sales tactic. Unfortunately, in our State of Digital Selling with LinkedIn 2019 report, we surveyed 862 salespeople and found that only 17% have added a video to their LinkedIn profile! That leaves 83% of salespeople missing out on this great opportunity to engage buyers.

Do you have a digital sales strategy that enables sellers to start more sales conversations? The Vengreso 10 Step Digital Selling Program is uniquely designed to secure buy-in from your sales team and help them drive more sales.

Viveka von Rosen

Viveka von Rosen is a co-founder and the CVO (Chief Visibility Officer) of Vengreso. Known internationally as the “LinkedIn Expert”, she is the author of the best-selling “LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day” and “LinkedIn: 101 Ways to Rock Your Personal Brand!” As a contributing “expert” to LinkedIn’s official Sales and Marketing blogs and their “Sophisticated Marketer’s” Guides, she is often called on to contribute to publications like Fast Company, Forbes, Money, Entrepreneur, The Social Media Examiner, etc. Viveka takes the LinkedIn experience she has perfected over the past 10+ years and transforms it into engaging and informational training (having provided over 100K+ people) with the tools and strategies they need to succeed on LinkedIn.

No Comments

Leave a Comment