Your Company Needs Social Selling Training
Let’s face it, selling has always been about developing trust so buyers would purchase your product, service or solution. But as the world and your buyers have embraced the digital age, how do you develop that trust? If you and your sales team aren’t leveraging social networks to gain referrals and build that trust, you or your company need social selling training.
To develop trust you must start with authentic interactions and engagement on social media.
This is the new prospecting methodology that your company needs to leverage to connect and gain the trust of potential buyers. This doesn’t mean shooting out thousands of blind connection requests. It also doesn’t mean simply going through the motions, blindly liking and retweeting or flooding your network with worthless pieces of content that don’t mean anything to your buying community. It’s about connecting with your buyers and mapping your social prospecting to the buyer’s journey providing current, relevant content that provides solutions to the problems your buyers are facing.
What is Social Selling?
There are so many definitions out there it’s easy to get confused.
Social selling is the art of leveraging social networks to create and manage your personal & professional brand, understand and relate to your buyers, and build trust by helping others. There are four components to Social Selling for a sales person:
1. Create Engagement with your buyers.
2. Connect with your buyers.
3. Feed your connections with relevant content.
4. Measure the success of your Social Selling efforts.
Simply selling your products and services doesn’t count as helping! That’s the old way of selling and now we are imposing it on new technology.
When salespeople provide value by answering questions and offering content or referrals to potential customers, rather than trying to find a new deal to close, they develop stronger relationships. As the buying process has changed, it’s necessary for your company to change how you find new customers. In fact, according to OgilvyOne, 69% of sales executives believe that the buyer process is changing faster than organizations are responding to it.
This is a complete change in philosophy from selling in the past, which is why many companies have turned to social selling training to help their sales team master these new techniques and apply them properly.
Grow Your Business with Social Selling Training
A social selling training company knows how to leverage social networks to generate more leads and can teach your sales team to:
- Construct, Optimize, and Brand your Buyer-Centric Social Profiles: For example, if your LinkedIn profile reads like a resume, then your brand sucks. Create and manage your brand by showcasing what industry problem you are solving for your buyers, how you help, who you help, and telling your personal story with targeted keywords.
- Influence Through Content Curation and Sharing: Building trust through social networks is about providing solutions to prospects’ problems without selling them. Engage, comment, and share the content of your prospects with the right audience. This develops engagement, helpful engagement in turn can help develop trust that leads to long-term relationships.
- Grow Network with Targeted Audience: If your connections don’t consist of your target audience, your posts, likes, and comments will fall on deaf ears. You need to be engaged with the people who need your help! When it comes to connections, think quality over quantity. But focus on developing an individual social selling strategy which attracts your targeted audience and engages with them.
- Leverage LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube to Engage, Attract, and Nurture Leads: LinkedIn isn’t the only social networking site to nurture leads. Through B2B social selling training, your sales team can learn how to properly use LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube (aka Video Marketing for Sales) to attract and engage new prospects. This knowledge allows you to personalize pitches and provides another opportunity to share relevant engaging content.
Applying Social Selling Techniques
As the buying process has changed, your sales team now needs to engage with potential customers on social networks. But social selling isn’t simply about having a social media presence. Help, engage, and interact with your network. Connect and share posts. Find a problem they need solved. Put yourself out there. Be open and honest. Provide advice. Grow your network. Become an influencer of your network that provides solutions and not just sales calls.
Blindly engaging without a concrete strategy will present your brand as unknowledgeable. By having proper social selling training, your team won’t only learn best practices on leveraging social networks to acquire, nurture, and close more leads, but how to integrate that strategy into your daily sales prospecting schedule.
Learn more how you, your marketing department or sales department can leverage the power of LinkedIn to generate leads that convert into sales. Schedule a free, no commitment call with me today to learn strategies and insights you can begin using immediately to see results. You can view my available times to speak on my calendar here. Select a time that is best for you, and I look forward to discussing with you how social selling can take your business to the next level.