Ridiculously Good Content Not an Option
Ann Handley began her content career at the tender age of 8, writing for a local newspaper. She went on to report for the Boston Globe, is currently Chief Content Officer for MarketingProfs.com, a columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine, a LinkedIn Influencer, keynote speaker, and prolific writer.
Ann’s latest book, which she describes as “giving birth to a Volkswagen,” is a Wall Street Journal best seller titled “Everybody Writes: Your Go to Guide for Creating Ridiculously Good Content.” Ann is also the best selling author of “Content Rules” along with the witty and charming C.C. Chapman, a widely recognized content marketing expert.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- Why Bernie didn’t expect to like Ann’s book about writing – but loves it!
- That writing is a huge opportunity for everyone, and employers are wrong to squash it
- How to become a better writer
- Why using fewer words leads to bigger impact in a content-saturated market
- The importance of hiring a designated editor to elevate corporate content
- How a company’s subject matter experts can contribute to storytelling
- Ann Handley’s guidelines for social media writing
- What “brand journalism” is and how to approach it
- The one thing Ann would change about how business is done today
Featured On This Episode:
- Everybody Writes book website
- Ann Handley on Twitter @MarketingProfs
- Ann’s personal website and blog
- MarketingProfs website
- Social Business Journal, Volume 2: Influencer Marketing
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Social Business Engine video channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
- Learn more about Content Marketing
I invite you to listen to the entire podcast episode using the player at the top of this page, or on a mobile device through iTunes or Stitcher. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a future episode.
This episode is sponsored by Cision, the leading provider of public relations software for planning, executing and measuring influencer campaigns in one integrated platform.