Social Selling Tips for Sharing Your Message on LinkedIn
In Poolside Sales Chat episode 28, I talked about why and how you should be sharing updates on LinkedIn. Sharing updates on LinkedIn should be a regular part of your social selling strategy.
Why share your message on LinkedIn?
Sharing your message is how you build your reputation, keep your reputation and create engagement with people. Posting LinkedIn status updates is also a way to be useful to your audience by giving them information that they can apply in their professional lives. You are building your brand and your network on LinkedIn; therefore, it’s vital that you’re sharing updates consistently to reinforce your brand and add value to your audience.
How do you share your message on LinkedIn?
How you share on LinkedIn is important. Remember, the reason you’re sharing your message is to build your reputation and add value to your network.
Tips for Sharing on LinkedIn
- Check for spelling and grammar before you click publish.
- Post content that builds and reinforces relationships with your network.
- Focus on these 4 Categories for your LinkedIn status updates.
- Share valuable experiences when attending events
- Share a recent success story
- Recommend someone or a business in an authentic way
- Share articles relevant to your network
- Share photos in your status updates.
- Click upload a photo rather than accepting the default image when pasting a link in a status update
- Tag people in a status update.
- Limit it to tagging people who are in an article, so it’s a legitimate shoutout to them
- Publish articles in the LinkedIn Publishing platform.
- Write original articles
- Re-purpose your articles published elsewhere
Measure the reach of your status updates.
It’s crucial that you measure the reach of your status updates. Knowing what types of posts are creating the most engagement will help you to fine tune your strategy. And knowing what works best for your audience will help you to have the biggest impact.
- Use the analytics provided by LinkedIn to see who is reading your published articles
- Study the makeup of your network by industry, seniority and by geo region
Knowing why and how to share updates on LinkedIn is an important part of your social selling strategy. Watch the Poolside Sales Chat and listen to the podcast to learn more about how to improve the way you interact on LinkedIn. Plus, don’t forget to get your free copy of David J.P. Fisher’s book, Networking in the 21st Century – Why Your Network Sucks And What To Do About It. If you missed any of my #PoolsideSalesChat videos, you can catch them here.
Feature image source: Unsplash.com.