Wouldn’t you like to get the edge on your competition when it comes to your closing sales strategies? What if you could position your modern sales team in a way that gives your company an unfair advantage in the marketplace? On this episode of #SellingWithSocial, you’ll hear from sales and business expert Gabe Larsen. Gabe joined InsideSales.com with over 15 years of experience in revenue generation, from helping financial clients price and trade complex derivatives to helping multi-national organizations penetrate new markets. Gabe co-hosts the popular Sales Acceleration podcast and acts as Director of InsideSales.com’s Labs where his expertise and research has helped over 200 clients solve the biggest problems in the Sales Acceleration space. This episode is packed with valuable lessons that you don’t want to miss, make sure to listen!Closing #Sales, Untraining Buyers, & Why Wknd Sales SUCK, w @GabeLarsen on #SellingWithSocial #SMM Click To Tweet
3 Reasons Behind Time Based Closing Sales Strategies
In order to start addressing necessary changes to our strategies for closing sales, we’ve got to examine how we got here in the first place. There are three primary reasons that motivate time-based closing strategies in the majority of sales environments.
- Sales Reps push this “Time based” sales event by procrastinating the sale.
- Sales leadership influences this mindset with their compensation strategies.
- Customers are trained by the industry to wait for a favorable time to look for a deal.
To dive further into these concepts and the solutions Gabe offers, make sure to listen to this episode of #SellingWithSocial!
Why Sales Representatives Shouldn’t Work on the Weekends
Did you know that pushing sales efforts on the weekends, especially when it falls on the end of the quarter actually ends up hurting your sales “win rates?” This insight runs counter-intuitive to everything you and I have been taught to believe when it comes to sales methods and strategies. On this episode of #SellingWithSocial, Gabe walks through the deficiencies of weekend sales efforts, changes you can make to your closing sales plan, and how to best position your team for success. If you are looking for insight that will take your sales team to the next level, then don’t miss this episode!Why #Sales Reps Shouldn’t Work Weekends w @GabeLarsen on this episode of #SellingWithSocial #SalesTips Click To Tweet
Do you have a “Closing Sales Strategy?”
The fact of the matter is, most sales teams do not have a “closing plan” in place for their sales representatives. Due to this lack of strategy when it comes to closing sales, the default method revolves around the end of the month or the end of the quarter. Is there a better way to align your sales closing practices? On this episode of #SellingWithSocial, you’ll hear an alternative vision from Gabe as he brings his many years in sales leadership to the table. This is an episode packed with practical steps you and your sales team can take today that will make an impact on your bottom line – don’t miss it!
3 Steps to Untrain Buyers from negative sales practices
The sales industry has knowingly or unknowingly trained buyers to look for the best deals at the end of each month. This has led to unhealthy closing sales practices. As Gabe and I discussed on this episode, something has to change. I’ve been thinking about how the sales community can start to “untrain” buyers from this habit and move toward a more beneficial method. Here are three steps that the sales industry can take to untrain buyers:
- Design a compensation plan that is built around revenue-based multipliers.
- Margin. Give the sales representative a range of margin, between 60% and 100%.
- Push customer discounts and specials at different times of the month.
If you’d like to hear Gabe and I further discuss how sales leaders like you can start making a difference today to untrain buyers, make sure to catch this episode of #SellingWithSocial!Increase your #Sales with these key steps toward untraining buyers w @GabeLarsen on #SellingWithSocial Click To Tweet
Outline of This Episode of Closing Sales Strategies
- [1:10] I welcome to Gabe Larsen to the podcast.
- [2:40] How Gabe almost died GOLFING!
- [7:00] What’s going on with time-based closing strategies?
- [15:20] Three reasons behind time-based closing.
- [19:00] Why Sales Reps shouldn’t work on weekends.
- [28:00] What is your “Close Plan?”
- [39:00] How to untrain buyers from time-based closing.
Resources Mentioned on Closing Sales Strategies
- Gabe’s LinkedIn page: linkedin.com/in/gabelarsen
- Gabe’s Twitter page: twitter.com/GabeLarsen
- Gabe’s podcast: insidesales.com/resources/podcast
- Inside Sales’ website: insidesales.com
- Get the “Time-Based Closing Strategies” research paper from Gabe by clicking HERE
- Check out Gabe’s LinkedIn post about weekend sales HERE
- Movie: Pretty Woman
- Auto Text Expander
Connect with Mario!
3 Reasons Behind Time Based Closing #Sales Strategies w @GabeLarsen #SocialSelling #SalesLeadership Click To Tweet Do you have a #Sales Closing Plan that WORKS? If not - GET 1 w @GabeLarsen #SocialSelling #Leadership Click To Tweet