The Benefits of a Branded Forum-Based Online Community
Episode 58 of the Social Business Engine podcast features my interview with Luc Vezina, CEO of Vanilla Forums. Luc and I dove into detail on the ins and outs of a forum-based, branded online community. Tune in to hear our full conversation on the benefits a branded online community can have for your business and your customers. You’ll hear about a B2C example at Big Green Egg and a B2B example that uses gamification at ShipStation.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- The why, the what and the how of building a forum-based branded online community.
- The difference between modern day branded online forums versus the web 1.0 forums, typically for hobbyists.
- Why there are public and private branded forums.
- The benefits of having a forum based online community for your brand.
- How to use branded forums to identify advocates and/or influencers you may want to engage.
- The ins and outs of online forums for internal use.
- The customer-service cost deflection potential of a branded online community.
- How you can boost your SEO while saving money with public online forums.
- Why you should consider creating a branded online forum instead of, or in addition to a Facebook or LinkedIn Group.
- How you can build excitement within your forum and gain new customers with “social proof.”
- Why and how to incorporate gamification in branded online forums.
- A B2C and a B2B example of a branded online community.
- The one thing Luc Vezina would change about business is premised on the openness of the digital age.
Featured On This Episode:
- Luc Vezina on LinkedIn
- Luc Vezina on Twitter
- Luc’s company Vanilla Forums
- Vanilla Forum showcase forums
- Social Business Journal, Volume 2: Influencer Marketing
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Social Business Engine video channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
I invite you to listen to the entire podcast episode using the player at the top of this page, or on a mobile device through iTunes or Stitcher. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a future episode.
This episode is sponsored by Cision, the leading provider of public relations software for planning, executing and measuring influencer campaigns in one integrated platform.
In Volume 2 of the Social Business Journal, we partnered with Cision to deliver a How-to Guide in Influencer Marketing. In addition to a 3 step process to build your influencer marketing strategy, you’ll also hear from 21 business experts on everything from what an ideal influencer looks like, to the “secret sauce” of penetrating the sphere of an influencer.