The Top 5 Reasons for Joining 50 LinkedIn Groups
Did you know that you can join up to 50 LinkedIn Groups? Here are five reasons why you should join to the max:
1. Keep up to date on more topics of interest to more of your prospects.
2. You can send a message to fellow Group members without being connected or knowing their email address. (unless they have adjusted their settings to prevent Group messages, which few people do)
3. You can ask questions to find answers. It’s inexpensive market research.
4. You can do a Keyword Search within Group members to zero in on a narrower subset.
5. You can promote products or services in the Promotions section without violating No Spam etiquette. That’s what LinkedIn created the Promotions section for.
Don’t want 50 Group icons on your Profile? You can control which ones are displayed in the Group Settings area. Some people worry that joining 50 Groups will result in a email inbox flooded with Group updates. They are correct unless you manage the frequency of Group messages. Read how to do it here: http://bit.ly/A7Q1Hd