On episode 146 of the Social Business Engine Podcast, I’m soloing to cover a topic that surprisingly isn’t getting a lot of coverage. As you probably know, Microsoft recently acquired LinkedIn. In a company-wide email, Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn, explained his excitement about the new opportunities in front of them and laid out eight areas of technology integration between Microsoft and LinkedIn.
“I think the combination of LinkedIn and Microsoft has the potential to benefit us all in many ways.” @bernieborges #sbeshowTweet This
Whether you’re in a marketing or sales role, the planned technology integration can have an impact on you. In this podcast episode, I focus on three of these. The important technology integrations I want to explain along with their effects on you and me are:
- LinkedIn identity and network in Microsoft Outlook and the Office suite
- Extending the reach of Sponsored Content across Microsoft web properties
- Redefining social selling through the combination of Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365
I wrote a blog post about this on Find and Convert which includes a link to Jeff Weiner’s company wide email about his excited over the Microsoft acquisition. I encourage you to read the article to get my full view on this, or just listen to this podcast episode as I cover the same points.
Before you hop to another page on the web, I want to update you on something that I announced in episode 144. I’m planning to produce three episodic series of podcasts in the first half of 2017.
So, here are the topics and co-hosts I have planned…
- Lead Generation through Content Marketing, co-hosted with Guillaume Decugis, CEO of Scoop.it
- We’ll lay out five steps for content marketers to create winning lead generation strategies through content marketing.
- How Marketers Can Harness AI in their Content Marketing Strategy, co-hosted with Brandon Andersen, Co-Founder of Ceralytics
- We’ll discuss the role of Artificial Intelligence in content marketing, why it’s important, and the elements involved in implementing a content strategy that leverages the power of AI.
- Mistakes to Avoid in Employee Social Media Advocacy, co-hosted with Glenn Gaudet, Co-Founder, and President of GaggleAMP
- Glenn and I will share valuable insights into real-world mistakes made by companies when implementing an Employee Social Media Advocacy program.
Each series will include five episodes with a co-host focused on a specific topic. The episodes will be about 15 minutes each and will be published online five days in a row – Monday through Friday. I’ll also provide the option of clicking over to a web page where you can listen to all five episodes at once. Stay tuned for these course-like podcast episodes.
Featured On This Episode:
- Bernie Borges on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Microsoft and LinkedIn Plan Integration at Scale in 2017 Blog Post
- Join our Social Business Engine community
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Modern Marketing Engine on Twitter: @mmenginepodcast
- YouTube channel
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast.
You can click the Listen Now button at the top of this page…
Or, you can listen from your mobile device’s podcast player through iTunes or Stitcher. Discover why B2B professionals are raving about our social selling online courses for sales professionals, entrepreneurs and executives.
P.S. On episode 147 I’ll be joined by Tristan Bishop from Informatica to discuss the role of the employee in their social media strategy.