As Social Selling with LinkedIn grows, Sales Navigator – LinkedIn’s Sales Solution tool – is growing as well. Companies are signing their sales teams up in droves. Now, even entrepreneurs and selling CEO’s are looking at this premium tool as an essential platform in their business development efforts.
While the features and benefits are clear, the strategy and tactics can be elusive. I was asked if I would share any of my secret Social Selling tips on using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, I said YES! During this video, I will share how we can all leverage this fantastic sales prospecting tool!
Below is our entire live interview, but first, these are my top five lessons from our conversation:
- Be sure to save all your leads and clients inside of sales navigator; this isn’t just for prospecting, it’s for nurturing as well.
- Take a look at the lead suggestions Sales Navigator makes based on the accounts that you have saved. They do a great job of finding other potential decision-makers and influencers that you may want to engage.
- From your home page click “lead shares” on the left column to quickly see shares from your saved prospects, and engage with them from one place.
- Due to Sales Navigator’s current inability to allow you to mention someone in a comment, when engaging on a post or even a company’s post, click on the sharer’s name, scroll down to recent shares, click on comment, and it will open to the original post and you can comment and mention there (@mention and choose from the drop-down).
- Create Saved Searches inside of Sales Navigator. Based on your goals and time commitment, you can save leads from this list and engage with them based on their LinkedIn shares to begin gaining access to conversations.
Finally, if you’re still not sure about Sales Nav, no worries. You can always start by upgrading to LinkedIn Premium to dip your toe in the water. I do believe, however, that once you try it you’ll want to upgrade to leverage LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
BONUS: Remember, your goal is to take every online conversation offline. Make sure you are not just “liking” and “sharing,” but connecting and providing valuable content so they can get to know you and the business problem you help SOLVE!
Wondering if your LinkedIn profile will attract buyers?
Here are two other articles that will help you reconstruct your new LinkedIn Profile
A version of this article first appeared at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/watch-sales-navigator-best-practices-mario-m-martinez-brynne-tillman