The Why and How of Social Business Governance
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- That Social Business Governance is intended to enable social business at scale.
- That “hidden between the strategic ideas and business results lies the messy mechanics of governance, which only 16% of organizations feel is well understood and deployed.” (excerpted from the research report)
- The 4 Ps to developing and implementing a Social Business Governance Plan.
- People: The starting point. Accountability. Alignment.
- Policy: Agreements among key stakeholders that reflects boundaries of behavior in social.
- Process: Making the policy agreements actionable.
- Practice: Executing and automating processes at scale.
- That policy should be as much about what employees can do, as what they should not do.
- That policy can evolve over a 3-5 year period as strategy evolves.
- That processes should be integrated into the daily business operations.
- That Social Business Governance is a balance of empowerment and constraints.
- That scaling social across the enterprise is the top driver for Social Business Governance.
- That creating a unified customer experience is another top driver for Social Business Governance.
- That empowering employees is another top driver for Social Business Governance.
- “Ed’s One Thing” : “Testing new organizational structures that are not hierarchical, but rather dynamic structures to be more responsive to business disruption.”
Featured On This Episode:
- Research Report: Social Business Governance: A Framework to Execute Social Business Strategy
- Altimeter Group website
- Open research: AltimeterGroup.com/Research
- Altimeter Group on Twitter: @AltimeterGroup
- Ed Terpening on Twitter
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Vengreso YouTube Channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
This episode was sponsored by Social Media Strategies Summit.