How To Turn Customer Advocates into Influencers
On Episode 57 of the Social Business Engine podcast you will meet Adrienne Sheares, Social PR Manager at Cision. Adrienne and I concentrated our conversation around brand advocacy. We discussed that there is a difference between advocates and influencers, and how to develop advocates into influencers. Tune in to hear some of the common misconceptions and how you can cultivate customer advocates into your business.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- The difference between customer advocates and influencers.
- Why people don’t trust brands anymore.
- How to identify and engage brand advocates.
- The importance of involving customer-facing staff to identify customer advocates.
- The barriers a brand may encounter when embracing customer advocates.
- How Cision creatively shows appreciation to their business contacts to further build those relationships.
- How to help your brand advocates expand their reach and become influencers, thereby helping both of you.
- How Cision measures success of their advocates and influencers.
- Adrienne’s one thing she would change about the way business is conducted.
Featured On This Episode:
- Adrienne Sheares on Twitter.
- Cision’s Website
- Cision on Facebook and Twitter.
- View Cision’s upcoming monthly webinars.
- Social Business Journal, Volume 2: Influencer Marketing
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Social Business Engine video channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
I invite you to listen to the entire podcast episode using the player at the top of this page, or on a mobile device through iTunes or Stitcher. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a future episode.
This episode is sponsored by Cision, the leading provider of public relations software for planning, executing and measuring influencer campaigns in one integrated platform.
In Volume 2 of the Social Business Journal, we partnered with Cision to deliver a How-to Guide in Influencer Marketing. In addition to a 3 step process to build your influencer marketing strategy, you’ll also hear from 21 business experts on everything from what an ideal influencer looks like, to the “secret sauce” of penetrating the sphere of an influencer.