This episode is an intriguing conversation about social media innovation – what it is and what it takes to truly do it in an increasingly crowded social media space – with none other than Mike Stelzner.
If you don’t know Mike Stelzner, he’s a big name in the social media industry.
Mike is the founder and CEO of Social Media Examiner which is the world’s largest social media marketing resource. The website publishes rich, how-to articles daily and has reached more than 60 million people globally. More than 450,000 people are subscribed to Social Media Examiner’s email list.
One of the SME resources many people know and love is their Social Media Marketing Industry report. It’s published annually and is the longest-running study on how marketers use social media that exists.
The Social Media Examiner team also puts on Social Media Marketing World, an annual conference which is now in its 6th year. Bernie has had the honor of speaking at the last 3 SMMW conferences and is speaking again at SMMW 2018. In this episode, you’ll get all the details about how you can attend – February 28 through March 2nd, 2018 – in San Diego, CA.
And, speaking of social media innovation, Mike is going to describe his newest innovative social media venture – an episodic, real-life video documentary called “The Journey.”
Being a selling or marketing professional, you’ve got to be aware that video has taken on a life of its own in 2017. Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook – now even LinkedIn is getting in on the act of providing on-demand video tools for users. What does that mean for you as a marketer? You’ve got to learn how to effectively use these incredible new tools that are available.
In this conversation, Mike Stelzner describes how “edutainment” in the form of video can be one of the most innovative and effective ways to use social media. He’s doing it himself by producing a “reality” video series he’s titled “The Journey” and is seeing amazing watch numbers increase right before his eyes.
Find out exactly what Mike’s doing, how he’s doing it, and why he’s doing it – and how his example can serve as a template for becoming more innovative in your social media marketing efforts, on this episode of Social Business Engine.
Social Media Innovation differentiates you in an increasingly crowded market. Here is how Mike Stelzner is staying on the cutting edge
Mike’s new video show, “The Journey” is a chronicle of his entrepreneurial path. It walks through the real-life, daily issues he faces as a business owner and leader of the amazing team at Social Media Examiner. From hiring and firing contractors, working through strategy and vision, to planning amazing events like Social Media Marketing World, the show documents what it’s really like to lead a successful business.
In his conversation with Bernie on this episode, Mike highlights why he thought the show would be a good way to market SME as a company via social media and explains why marketers need to begin adopting the new video tools available while there’s still time to be on the cutting edge. Mike’s a great example of a person who takes risks for the sake of leading the industry forward. After hearing this conversation (and seeing his new show) you’ll agree, so be sure you listen – and check out “The Journey.”The Journey to Social Media Innovation & Influence with Mike StelznerClick To Tweet
Sponsor: Lithium Technologies helps brands navigate the sometimes overwhelming world of social media marketing and management, social customer service, online communities and social analytics. A leader in the space, they’re guiding brands to build trust with their clients while delivering top-notch customer experiences. Dayle leads the charge at Lithium Technologies on all strategic marketing initiatives.
Featured on This Episode: Mike Stelzner
- Follow Mike on Twitter
- Friend Mike on Facebook
- Mike’s new show – The Journey
- Social Media Examiner
- Mike’s Podcast: Social Media Marketing
- The Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Outline of This Episode
- [1:07] Who is Mike Stelzner? – What you can expect from this conversation
- [5:05] The ongoing power of social video: every channel is getting into the game
- [6:51] When is the social space going to become saturated with marketing and how do marketers effectively compete?
- [12:25] Why Mike is investing in his new edutainment show, “The Journey”
- [15:58] Lessons learned from 10 episodes of the new show
- [20:01] The 2018 Social Media Marketing World is upcoming: What you can expect
- [29:58] Mike’s tips for experimenting with social video so you can be ready for the shifts that are coming
- [31:58] Bernie’s summary: How Mike’s willingness to risk lead to being a leader, how he’s paving the way in social media innovation, and more.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Register for Social Media Marketing World (affiliate link)
- Michael’s previous guest appearance on this podcast – episode 138
- SPONSOR:Lithium Technologies: In Social Business Journal Volume 10, Lithium’s SVP of Marketing Dayle Hall, drops a ton of wisdom around the top 5 most influential topics in B2B marketing.
- Planet of the Apps
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Facebook Watch – Your opportunity to create your own “real” video show is coming
- Selling With Social Podcast with Mario Martinez, Jr
Connect With Bernie and Social Business Engine
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast. You can click the Listen Now button at the top of this page…
This podcast originally appeared on Social Business Engine
This episode is sponsored by Lithium Technologies.