A Culture of Content
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- What is meant by a “culture of content,” and its strategic impact on an enterprise.
- That “Subject matter experts don’t solely reside in the marketing department; they come from product, research, senior management, and beyond.” (excerpted from the research report)
- The 4 elements of a Culture of Content.
- Inspiration: Vision | Creativity | Risk | Willingness to Fail.
- People: Sr. Leadership | Content Leader | Business Units | External Partners | Employees.
- Process: Evangelism | Governance | Education & Training | Technology.
- Content: Paid | Owned | Earned.
- The importance of conveying the “why” of content to create a culture of content.
- That a content leader does not exist in every organization.
- The importance of the role of the “identifier” among employees.
- Why “attitude” in a culture of content is very important.
- The role of governance in the processes in a culture of content.
- The role of the evangelist in a culture of content.
- How content begets more content through the convergence of owned, earned and paid content.
- That content is the “oil in the engine of the culture of content.”
- “Jessica’s One Thing” : “A risk and willingness to fail…Organizations should be more open to allowing employees to fail without risk of getting fired or demoted, in order to fuel creativity and innovation.”
Featured On This Episode:
- Research Report: A Culture of Content
- Altimeter Group website
- Open research: AltimeterGroup.com/Research
- Altimeter Group on Twitter: @AltimeterGroup
- Jessica Groopman on Twitter
- Jessica Groopman’s blog
- Rebecca Lieb on Twitter: @lieblink
- Rebecca Lieb’s blog
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Social Business Engine video channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
- Learn more about Content Marketing
This episode was sponsored by Social Media Strategies Summit.
In Volume 2 of the Social Business Journal, we partnered with Cision to create a How to Guide in Influencer Marketing. You’ll hear from dozens of business experts on everything from what an ideal influencer looks like, to the “secret sauce” of penetrating the sphere of an influencer.