3 Pivotal Elements to Lead Generation Through Content Marketing
I recorded this podcast with Guillaume Decugis, CEO of Scoop.it!, at his office in San Francisco. We discussed the process of how businesses generate leads through content marketing. By strategizing content around buyers’ various stages in the funnel, lead generation is fueled and conversion is encouraged.
Marketers often start with a landing page, then realize they need to create content to support it. After listening to this podcast, you’ll have a better understanding of how the three pivotal elements of content marketing (landing pages, content and distribution) work together to generate leads.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- How content should be fueling your lead generation.
- How most marketers start with a landing page when creating an inbound strategy, and then realize they need content to encourage conversions.
- How the three pillars of a content-driven inbound marketing strategy are landing pages, content, and distribution.
Landing pages, content, and distribution must work together to generate leads.
- How social, content and inbound marketing need to be connected.
- Why it’s unlikely that a first-time blog reader will convert and the need to properly align your CTAs for each stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Why you need to think like a teacher with your lead nurturing and concentrate on educating your buyers.
- The need to focus on the different phases of the buyer’s journey when creating educational content.
- Why Guillaume focuses more on funnel position over lead scoring in content marketing.
- Why Guillaume says, “your content should be converting” and the need to change out underperforming CTAs.
- How there are various marketing automation tools available to complete your lead nurturing.
- How marketers can misunderstand lead nurturing and be an annoyance instead of a help.
- Why you should be looking at leads generated per piece of content, not views or shares.
- How looking at a new customer’s content consumption history can help prove ROI.
- Why it’s important to prove the ROI of content marketing on a brand’s lead pipeline.
- Why Guillaume’s one thing is to address your buyers’ questions through content marketing and lead nurturing.
Featured On This Episode:
- Scoop.it’s Content Marketing Software Website
- Guillaume Decugis on Twitter
- Download Social Business Journal Vol. 4: What’s Working in Social Media Marketing
- Subscribe to the Social Business Engine show
- Write a review of this podcast in iTunes
- Bernie Borges on Twitter: @bernieborges
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Social Business Engine video channel | YouTube channel
- Social Business Engine website
- Learn more about Content Marketing
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast with Guillaume Decugis.
Subscribe to our podcast to stay current on new episodes delivered to your inbox every Friday!
P.S. Don’t miss next week’s podcast episode with Justine Velcich of Hootsuite!