5 Reasons Why You Should Care About LinkedIn Video
In August of 2016, LinkedIn introduced LinkedIn Videos from LinkedIn Influencers. High-profile business celebrities like Guy Kawasaki and Reid Hoffman received the ability to record and post video to their LinkedIn feeds. One year later, LinkedIn has started to release the video feature for all LinkedIn users.
Why are LinkedIn Videos such a big deal?
This is proof that LinkedIn recognizes video as an integral aspect of how we communicate, including within the professional realm. In short, video is fast becoming part of the Digital Sales Ecosystem. The effects of adding videos irrefutably show that people prefer video over text. The TechCrunch article in the above link states, “Early evidence seems to point to the fact that video is doing just what LinkedIn hoped it would. Videos from the limited release are already getting shared 20 times more than any other content.”Why are LinkedIn videos shared 20x more than other content? @kurtshaver answers! #Sales #SocialSellingClick To Tweet
Everyone should leverage videos on their LinkedIn feed! If LinkedIn’s own testimony wasn’t enough to convince you of the importance of video, check out these 5 reasons why you should care about LinkedIn video:
1. Overall, employees are 75% more likely to watch a video than to read documents, emails or web articles — Forrester Research
2. 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text — Forbes Insight
3. Where a web page has video, 60% of visitors will click to watch the video before ever reading a word — PageWiz
4. Embedding a video in an email increased the email’s conversion rate by an average of 21% over using a static image alone — Experian
5. Just including the word “video” in an email subject line has proven to increase click-thru rates by 7-13%— Experian
Ways to Use LinkedIn Video
It’s all about reaching your audience the way they want to consume information. HBO, Netflix, YouTube—there are so many different ways people watch videos, even during work. So why not use this powerful form of communication to your advantage?
Here are a few ideas:
- Sending your resume? Make a video cover letter.
- Promoting an event? Give your audience a view of the location.
- Want to strengthen a customer relationship? Feature your customer in a video interview.
- At a tradeshow or conference? Interview one of the speakers.
- Seeking expert advice? Describe your situation and ask for input.
- Writing a blog? Introduce it with a video (like this one).
Give people a glimpse of the experience they can share in, and get them excited with your own infectious enthusiasm. Show that you’re a human being, not an emotionless block of text. Leveraging videos on LinkedIn to communicate can help raise your visibility, no matter the industry.#SocialVideo gives you a chance to show your personality, How? @KurtShaver answers #SocialSelling #SalesClick To Tweet
Elevate yourself with company branding for your LinkedIn Videos
Even with everything said so far, you should do more than record a video using your Camera app. Take a moment to think about all the popular video creation platforms out there: Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, and even Facebook. Their ability to produce polished videos with filters and other editing options is what sets them apart from the mediocre. At this point in time, some level of production value is expected.
That’s why we use OneMob to record videos for LinkedIn. OneMob offers a quick and easy way to create professional-grade videos with company branding and touch-up options like filters, trim, text overlays, and even green-screen effects like this one that I made to post to my LinkedIn Profile when I joined OneMob’s Advisory Board.
These enhanced videos will look better and in line with current consumer expectations. Most importantly, they’ll provide the best viewing experience for your customers. Getting your videos from OneMob to LinkedIn is extremely simple:Can @OneMob help make #SocialVideo sexier on @LinkedIn? @KurtShaver shows you! #SocialSelling #SalesClick To Tweet
If you’re convinced that video works and you want to dive in further than LinkedIn, check out the following article on incorporating videos to reach your sales prospects.