A 3 Step Plan To Create A Video Strategy That Gets Results
Subscribe to Social Business Engine
Have you developed a video strategy as part of your content marketing? It’s an incredibly powerful way to gain exposure for you and your organization. On this episode of The Social Business Engine Podcast, Bernie’s guest is Nathan Veer, Senior Product Specialist at Brightcove shares a simple, yet powerful 3 step plan to develop a video strategy that gets results. Nathan knows how effective this 3 step plan can be because he’s implemented it himself. He also sees Brightcove customers having great success using it as well.
Nathan knows what he’s talking about when it comes to developing a video strategy that gets results. You’ll also hear Nathan share inspiring examples of everyday brands you’ve never heard of – not the mega corporations – who apply this simple method to succeed with their video strategy.🎧 Listen to discover a 3 step plan to creating a #video #ContentMarketing strategy that gets results, with @NVeer of @Brightcove, on this episode of @SBEngine with @BernieBorges, #CMO of Vengreso. #DigitalSelling #SBEShow #BrightcovesbeClick To Tweet
Video Strategy Step #1 – Do You Know What To Talk About?
When producing video content specifically to get the attention of prospects, or even to connect with those who are interested in your industry, you need to be able to talk about things they care about. If you don’t, you’ll never even get them to click the “play” button.
Nathan suggests a number of resources you can draw from to find content ideas that attract engagement.
- Have you attended an industry event lately? Why not create a video covering your takeaways or tagging the new connections you made there?
- Your company’s FAQ page is a gold mine of video content ideas. You could make a video about every topic on the page and know they are things on your prospect’s minds.
- Have a conversation with your customer service reps. What issues are they dealing with repeatedly? Those are great subjects for a video.
- Don’t forget about your sales team. What objections and hurdles do they face most often? Create amazing pre-sales resources by addressing them on video.
Step #2 – What Is Video Good At?
When you ask this question, you’re trying to assess whether or not the topics you have in mind will be effective in video form. The reason is simple, not every topic is created equal. Nathan uses a great illustration to make his point. Imagine that you’re looking at two vehicles, both of them have 800 horsepower engines. But one is a Ferrari and the other is a tractor. The Ferrari won’t pull farm equipment very well, just like the tractor won’t win any races. They each have their unique uses.
Using that analogy, video is like the racetrack. Not all ideas are going to be able to zoom down the video track effectively because the topics don’t lend themselves to video well.
What kinds of ideas work best for video?
Complex concepts: Video enables complex things to be broken down simply in a short amount of time by using visual, verbal, and text-based content all at the same time.
Personal appeals: Video connects you to prospects in a more personal way than print, graphics, or even audio. Facial expressions and tone of voice are powerfully communicated in video.
Emotional topics: Video allows marketers to deliver stories powerfully. Never underestimate the power of a good story – like client successes, case studies, and lessons learned.
Do the ideas you’re considering for your video strategy land in one of these 3 areas? If not, you may want to communicate the idea using a different medium. If so, video may be the perfect tool for communicating them.Not all #content ideas will work well in #video. @NVeer of @Brightcove shares how you can know what will work and what won’t. Join @BernieBorges, #CMO of Vengreso for this episode of @SBEngine. 🎧 Listen! #DigitalSelling #SBEShow #BrightcovesbeClick To Tweet
Step #3 – Where Should Your Video Live?
At first, it seems obvious that videos can live in a variety of places. YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Instagram Stories, and more. But Nathan points out that the “where” question is key to knowing exactly what kind of video you should produce.
Will your video be the flagship video on your website home page? Then it needs to be professionally produced with the best audio and lighting since it represents your brand and mission. Will the video be distributed primarily on Facebook? If so, it won’t need as much attention paid to production value and can be more casual. Will the video be sent via email? You can be more personal and “natural” since you’re speaking one to one.
Listen to hear Nathan explain each of these 3 steps to creating a great video strategy to enhance your marketing efforts.
Your Video Strategy Takes Form Based On Your Answers To All Three Questions
As you apply Nathan’s 3 questions to your video ideas, you come up with the ideal use case for your topic. This enables you to hit your exact target prospect, with the topics they are most interested in, via the channels where they are most likely to interact with the video.
To further prove how powerful this simple video strategy is, Nathan shares a handful of stories of Brightcove clients who have put the process to work. Some of the specific examples he shares resulted in companies experiencing…
- Support tickets dropping dramatically and increased SEO (listen to learn how)
- A 60% shorter sales cycle (It’s true.)
- Improved training of team members and resolution of role-related challenges
How might these 3 questions help you to develop an effective content marketing video strategy? Listen to learn how to answer Nathan’s 3 questions so you can use the answers to create videos that reach out to your prospects, position you as an expert in your industry, and increase sales.Answer these 3 questions to put your #video #ContentMarketing strategy on the fast track. 🎧 Listen as @NVeer of @Brightcove explains on this episode of @SBEngine with @BernieBorges, #CMO of Vengreso. #DigitalSelling #SBEShow #BrightcovesbeClick To Tweet
Featured on This Episode
- Nathan’s article about defining your video strategy: https://www.brightcove.com/en/blog/2018/08/define-your-video-strategy-3-simple-steps-1
- Nathan Veer on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nveer
- Nathan on Twitter: https://Twitter.com/nveer
Outline of This Episode
- [0:43] The experience and background of Bernie’s guest, Nathan Veer
- [2:25] Bernie’s reasons for having Nathan on the podcast
- [3:21] 3 questions to help you determine a great video strategy
- [3:57] Why the last thing people want to hear from you is about your product
- [6:29] When you know what video does well, you’ll know if your ideas will be good videos
- [11:37] Where is your video going to live? It will determine the kind of video you create
- [14:23] Tying all 3 questions together will define the use case
- [18:16] Success stories from those who have followed this strategy
Resources & People Mentioned
- The Selling With Social Podcast with Vengreso CEO, Mario Martinez, Jr.
Connect With Bernie and Social Business Engine
Subscribe to Social Business Engine
There are TWO WAYS you can listen to this podcast. You can click the PLAYER BUTTON at the top of this page… or, you can listen from your mobile device’s podcast player through the podcast subscription links above.
This podcast originally appeared on Social Business Engine