LinkedIn Sales Training Works for All Types of Salespeople
After 10,000 hours of LinkedIn sales training, I’ve worked with a lot of different types of salespeople. Here are three types of sellers and the unique ways they benefit from LinkedIn sales training.
Who Benefits from LinkedIn Sales Training?
Corporate Sales Team
A company with over 30,000 employees hired me to train a new group of digital salespeople (inside sales). Like many companies, this company is expanding its investment in inside salespeople. As technologies like email campaign tools, video conferencing, and social networks have improved, this company is taking advantage of these digital tools to augment their field-based sales force with a less costly inside sales team.
Some of the unique benefits of LinkedIn sales training for large corporate teams are:
- Policies and standards can be universally communicated and applied
- High-quality content is typically available from Marketing
- Peer competition is easily leveraged to drive performance
As information has become easier to access via the Internet, many trade associations are struggling for ways to bring value to their members. One way is via education. That’s why a leading insurance association launched a four-week virtual LinkedIn training course to help its agent/broker members grow their businesses.
Some of the benefits of training association members are:
- The association builds stronger relationships with its members
- It’s cost-effective because the association can pass on volume pricing for members
- Participants are exposed to new ideas from peers working in their industry
For the millions of salespeople, consultants, entrepreneurs and other professionals that are not part of a big company or a trade association, virtual LinkedIn sales training makes sense. That’s why we’ve created a social selling training program that combines on demand modules with live training and coaching. In my last public LinkedIn training in February, participating industries included:
– Business Supplies and Equipment
– Computer Hardware/Software
– Franchise Sales
– Insurance & Employee Benefits
– Marketing and Advertising
Some of the benefits of training individuals are:
- Participants are highly motivated when they spend their own money on training
- Limited marketing resources often result in creative content engagement methods
- Participants are exposed to new ideas from people working outside their industry
LinkedIn Sales Training Combines Personal Branding and Digital Prospecting
Here is what one participant said about the LinkedIn Recommendations lesson from the first session on “How to Upgrade Your LinkedIn Profile”:
“My favorite part of the training was getting some recommendations from customers. They said nice things about me and, along with enhancing my credibility with prospects, it makes me feel good knowing my customers appreciate me.”
If you’re a sales or marketing leader looking to upgrade your team’s digital selling skills, we encourage you to check out our LinkedIn training, or you can register for our free training: Three Shifts to Generate High-Quality Leads on LinkedIn. This webinar will teach them the basics of digital selling, which can help boost the sales conversations they have on LinkedIn.